Experienced, Focused, Effective.
Maine Criminal Defense Lawyer, Defending Cumberland and York Counties, Including Portland, S.Portland, Gorham, Scarborough, Biddeford, Saco, Old Orchard Beach.
If you find yourself in trouble with the law, you need a Maine Criminal Defense / Maine OUI Lawyer with a depth of knowledge and experience who will use that knowledge, experience and his best judgment to provide you with a highly competent defense. Ed has more than 30 years of experience in Maine criminal law practice, and that’s what he does. If you are charged with a crime, contact Ed Folsom. He will help you assess your situation and navigate this very unpleasant time in your life.
Criminal defense attorneys are frequently asked how they can represent someone when they know the client “did it.”
- Well, one thing Ed knows for sure is that everyone makes mistakes.
- The trouble is, mistakes born of nothing more malicious than inattention or a lapse in judgment can land a person in life-altering trouble with the criminal law.
Another thing Ed is sure of is that people are frequently charged with more crimes and with greater crimes than they actually committed.
- When you land on the wrong side of the law, there’s often a “piling on” that occurs. Helping a person avoid a criminal conviction for something he or she didn’t do or avoid undue punishment for a lesson-learned mistake that’s out of character and won’t be repeated are well worth doing.
- Sometimes, a defense attorney might find a so-called “technicality” or “loophole” that makes a charge go away. When that happens, Ed is happy to do his job, making sure the State adheres to the rules that it wrote in the first place. And when the evidence doesn’t establish the commission of the charged crime beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law, Ed has to wonder how anyone else can be so sure the client actually “did it.”
It should come as no surprise to anyone that, if you are charged with a crime, the police and the D.A.’s are not on your side. You should have a highly experienced Maine Criminal Defense Lawyer working for you now!
Ed has earned a peer rating of “Distinguished, 4.7/5.0 from the premier attorney rating service, Martindale-Hubbell. You will find few other attorneys practicing criminal defense in this area with a rating higher than Ed’s. Unlike some other attorneys practicing in southern Maine, Ed will not jolt you by trolling police blotters, discovering your misfortune at being charged with a crime and sending you a chest-thumping solicitation letter. Instead, he invites you to call, at your own discretion, to discuss your case.
- Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- York County Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
Disclaimer: Nothing on this website creates an attorney-client relationship with any reader. The content of this website provides information only, not legal advice. The content is not intended as legal advice and is not to be taken as legal advice. Those seeking legal advice are strongly encouraged to consult directly with Attorney Folsom or another attorney.